The Rhythm of the Retreat: How it Works
This unique online retreat, incorporating a variety of contemplative prayer methods and leaning on the third week of the Spiritual Exercises of Saint Ignatius, provides a plan for reflection and prayer done on your own schedule.
Our weekly plan includes:
- A short video reflection to introduce that week's theme
- A guided prayer reflection using the methods of Lectio Divina or Ignatian Contemplation to pray with the grounding scripture of the week
- Scripture and questions for personal reflection
- A second short video reflection deepening the theme of the week
- Two additional guided audio prayer reflections using the methods of Colloquy, Visio Divina, or the Examen
- A weekly community wall to share your thoughts and experiences with the global community
Weekly Community Prayer Call Information:
If you are able, please join us for our optional weekly guided prayer via Zoom on Thursdays at 7:00 pm Central Standard Time or on Fridays at 10:30 AM Central Standard Time. If you are unable to join us live, the recording will be posted within 24 hours after the call.
The Spiritual Exercises of Saint Ignatius:
It says above that this retreat "leans on the third week of the Spiritual Exercises of Saint Ignatius." It does! The Spiritual Exercises are a compilation of meditations, prayers, and contemplative practices developed by St. Ignatius Loyola to help people deepen their relationship with God. Watch this short video explanation from Becky: